Sunday 29 April 2018

The Listening Club - 29th April 2018

Greetings folks.

Hope you're all doing fine. Gently does it here in Amsterdam, as we're still slowly recovering from a typically random and wayward Kings Day on Friday, which managed to just avoid being a washout (hooray for local weather patterns), but was still full of the chaos that we all know and love... and pay for after.

Last week @xpollen8 was in the chair, delivering an indie supergroup concept album in the shape of Pfarmers' "Our Puram", which went down rather well indeed. Many thanks to David for the pick, and for flipping the frisbee across to me, @kleptones. So here we go...

"I have to admit I had this album already earmarked a while ago, but it was definitely a surprise to be chosen to follow @xpollen8's pick, as there are quite a few similarities to his selection. It's another concept album (albeit a concept somewhat looser in narrative than previous), created by another bunch of folks who don't normally work together, one of whom even has a direct link with someone from his pick. However I think the similarities end there.

Hearing this for the first time a few months ago had me grinning like an idiot in parts, raising my eyebrows in parts, metaphorically "looking at my watch" in parts, and wondering if I'd skipped to a completely different album by accident once or twice. All of these qualities making it an ideal pick for this here shebang.

It's not a short album, so I apologise if you're time-strapped tonight. But I hope there'll be something within that you'll appreciate. Dim the lights, crack open a bottle, and let's give it a go."

Direct download is here, and the HearBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)


No comments:

Post a Comment