Sunday 17 September 2017

The Listening Club - 17th September 2017

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing okay. Tapping this out a day early, as I'm back in the UK visiting family, and that means a Sunday opportunity to pop over and see some of the Folkestone Art Triennial and hopefully inhale a good roast lunch and a few session ales along the route... so let's get on with this.

Last week, @Har_Shone was in the chair, kraut-rocking like a good'un with her pick of Wolfgang Reichmann's sole 1978 album "Wunderbar", which went down a treat for the most part. Many thanks to Harriet for the pick and for flipping the frisb across to @101retstum who is here with this week's intro...

"So it's my turn again. Every time I catch the frisbaton the thought goes through my head "well, it can't go any worse than Lana". The problem with thinking things like that is that at some point you're going to go and prove me wrong, but at the same time it makes me less nervous about sharing things just because I want to, rather than because they'll be well received, which is good because that's what Listening Club should be about.

As last week's pick was definitely at the obscure end of the spectrum, I figured I'd go for the complete opposite. Well, that's not exactly how I picked what I picked, but it fits, and it sounds good, so let's go with it, eh?

In the grand tradition of protest songs and political statements through music this is not a band that you'd usually think of, nor should you. That said, at the moment there's a lot to protest about. And on this album it becomes clear that the members of this band are a bit cross. I wouldn't quite go as far as saying this is a political album, there's also plenty of what you'd expect from this lot on here, but it is certainly the closest they come to making one.

If I go more than a minute without an "Oh Gareth!" I'll be very surprised tho."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the old HereBeSpoilers stream is below:



See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)

No comments:

Post a Comment