Sunday 13 August 2017

The Listening Club - 13th August 2017

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing fine. Another recovery Sunday here in Amsterdam, following a rather raucous boat party last night featuring my first DJ set for absolutely ages, which went down very well indeed, I'm pleased to say. So a gentle day is in order, more about that in a moment...

Last week chez #LC @Holette was in the chair, delivering a rather unexpectedly groovy treat in the shape of Moon Diagrams (aka Deerhunter's Moses Archuleta) "Lifetime Of Love". Many thanks to Sarah for the pick, and for flipping the frisbo back across to me, @kleptones, so here I am again with the intro...

"Right, yes, so as I was saying, a gentle day. After receiving the frisbee last week, and knowing what I was going to be doing the day before the playback (see above), this one was going to be a mellow pick by personal necessity. 

I've always had a soft spot for a certain kind of guitar instrumentalist, folks like John Fahey, Michael Rother, Vini Reilly, James Blackshaw that manage to blend incredible technique with a truly idiosyncratic musical worldview. This (reasonalbly new) artist fits that lineage perfectly, making a sound that manages to be familiar yet still deeply personal, which is quite a trick to pull off, and he pulls it off very well indeed, I think. 

For your enhanced listening pleasure, I'd advise a comfy chair or sofa to sprawl on, some dim lighting and a bottle of full-bodied red to accompany.

Hope you enjoy!"

Reety-ho. Direct download is here, and the HearBeSpoilers stream is below:


See you at 8pm BST (GMT+1)


No comments:

Post a Comment