Sunday 12 February 2017

The Listening Club - 12th February 2017

Greetings folks,

Hope you're all doing good and fine. Here in Amsterdam, like most of its European vicinity, the place is looking mighty white for a change, as a long weekend of frosty weather hits us, the first half-decent snow since I arrived here way back in January 2013, when it started snowing pretty much as I got off the plane and didn't stop for a week. It's quite nice to live in a picture postcard from time to time, really...

Last week @RougeForever was in the chair and put her foot hard on the cheerful-emo pedal with her pick of Rilo Kiley's "More Adventurous". Many thanks to Liz for the pick, and for sailing the frisbaton across to newcomer @SimonLandmine who's here with his debut introduction....

"Firstly, thank you for the warm welcome. I hope that's still the case at about 9pm this evening!

Picking a single album to listen to was a hard one, as, like many of you, I suspect, my CD collection is easier to measure in yards than numbers. And, as an inveterate compilation-maker (now DJ sets and compilation CDs for friends rather than mix-tapes - but the habit remains), picking an entire album rather than dipping in and selecting tracks by a number of artists ... well, yes.

I wanted to pick something that was representative of my taste, but that wasn't going to be one that everyone was already completely familiar with. Hopefully, that's what you've got. This one is a side project from a better known act, and a live album, as they've not put too much down in the studio. More an album for drinks around tables under dimmed light than for the raging maelstrom of the pit or the flashing strobes of the dancefloor. Some sadness, some anger, some peace.

I'll stop writing now, as otherwise I'll give too much away, I fear. I hope that you enjoy it, and maybe it acts as a gateway to their other work. Take care out there."

Okaydoke, direct download is here, and the spoiler-happer HearThis stream is...



See you at 8pm GMT!

No comments:

Post a Comment