Sunday 14 August 2016

The Listening Club - 14th August 2016

Afternoon all! @JimMcCauley here again, as @kleptones and @nessiest are off on a Welsh odyssey for the next couple of weeks. Lovely day here in Bath, and I'm inside attempting to make a start on a bunch of work I need to get done this week before going away for a few days, but actually I just keep getting sucked back into No Man's Sky.

@saucer was in the driver's seat last week with his pick, Dean and Britta's 13 Most Beautiful: Songs for Andy Warhol's Screen Tests, which nailed the Sunday evening vibe and went down very nicely indeed with the assembled. So, mad props to Murray for the pick and for his tireless flinging of the Frisbee, which was finally caught by @emmaprice, who's very much here now…

"When @saucer kindly lobbed the Frisbee in my direction last weekend I knew exactly what I was going to pick. It's Sunday morning and I'm just having the traditional last minute crisis of confidence. Currently playing the album again and going with my instincts on this one.

"I don't know this album that well yet amd I'm still trying to work out exactly how I feel about it, so am really looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

"For #drinkingclub tonight I shall be having Pimms, which will nicely round off my weekend of live cricket and watching us win even more medals at cycling very fast at the Olympics."

Scuba dooper! Direct download is here, and the HearThis stream is probably below.



See you at 8PM BST!

No comments:

Post a Comment