Sunday 1 May 2016

The Listening Club - 1st May 2016

Hey folks,

Hope you're all doing fine. Happy mayday, international Dawn Chorus day, International workers day, labour day or whatever else takes your fancy. - tapping this out a day ahead of usual, as tomorrow I'll be nipping across the Netherlands to see the Bosch 500 exhibition, accompanied by @nessiest and a visiting @JimMcCauley.

Last week, @saucer was in the chair, and sent us on a bizzare new-retro trip courtesy of "Heim Und Garten" by Mängelexemplar, which hit that oblique 80s Germanic spot rather efficiently. Thanks to him for the pick, and for flipping the frisbee back here to @nessiest, who's ready with the intro...

"2016 has been a bitter harvest. 

After a reflective weekend I set out on Monday to find stuff from artists  busy making, creating, inspiring, making music to look forward to. I found three albums, all relatively new, all of which could easily have been my pick. This is one of them.

I knew nothing about the artist before hearing this week's pick. It has a gentle pace, pays tribute to influences with grace and humour, and it grabbed me and held my attention. It's probably the most introspective of my three standout listens from this week. Maybe 2016 might turn out to be a decent vintage after all."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearThis stream is...


Hope to see you at 8pm GMT (BST+1) for the playback!

No comments:

Post a Comment