Sunday 8 November 2015

The Listening Club - 8th November 2015

Evening all...

Or morning, or whatever. Hope you're getting on and by anyway. Mildness in the air here, which is nice, not quite reached the level of multi-layered swaddling yet, gig wise only a below-par performance from Jaga Jazzist to report (sound engineer having an off night? band in a grumpy mood? bit of both? who knows... - Support act Elephant9 were well on form tho, so not all lost)... this week there's shows from Zu and St.Germain to look forward to, both of which should be grand, I hope.

Quick note to say I'll be away from these environs on Sunday 29th November on a lil' holiday, so if anyone cares to help out by heming the old ship #LC, on a vortex Sunday too, please let me know...

Last week Hull's finest @DaveW took his debut turn in the chair, and smashed it to smithereens with his choice of Crass's "Stations Of The Crass" from 1979. Thanks to Dave for the pick, and for flipping the frisbee across to Finland, where @akx is ready with his intro...


"Hi hi hi and hugs from an increasingly cold and dark Finland!

So my first instinct, upon catching the frisbee from @DaveW, was to post an album I'd recently purchased, but hemmed and hawed about it and decided not to, after all.

So, instead, I looked through my Last.fm profile for an alternative, and here's an album I had to actually travel abroad to actually buy (seven years ago, huh...) after a friend linked me the MP3s.

The band's style is rather unique, and I'm pretty sure those of you who have heard them before will recognize who this is. Those who haven't . . . well, I guess it might be pretty polarizing. We'll see! Here goes!

PS. For those who do download the .zip, no, those are not the real track/album/artist names. They're anagrams of them, though.

PPS. This isn't a very long album, so your #drinkingclub libations needn't last for more than 40 minutes."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here, and the HearThis stream is....



See you at 8PM GMT!


No comments:

Post a Comment