Sunday 22 March 2015

The Listening Club - 22nd March 2015

Hey hey, guess who's back... yep, feeling rather tanned, and reasonably well rested, which took some doing as Marrakech is a pretty hectic place... and just in time to say hey Happy Birthday Listening Club! - Yep, three years ago this little social endeavour kicked off, so big yay all round for another year of cracking music!

Speaking of which, it's that #vortex time again next week, so if you have any ideas, chip them in tonight, okay?

Last week @saucer was in the hot seat, and provided a contentious dose with Mykki Blanco presents Gay Dog Food - some bopped, some didn't, some did "theoretically", and much debate was caused, which was grand. Thanks to @saucer for the pick and for skimming the frisbee out to a slightly unsuspecting @cakehugga, who's here with the prematch...

"Hello!

I was a bit surprised to be thrown the Listening Club frisbee this week. For once I had no idea which album to choose.

This year has been pretty hectic so far, and I haven’t had time to discover much new music. So I went on a bit of a trip down memory lane and dug out some old CDs. There were a few contenders which nearly made it but they just didn’t seem right. Then I remembered this gem.

This album is a musical soundtrack to a hilarious, unexpected delight of a film.

I have used some of the instrumental tracks from the album when teaching dance classes to kids, as the music takes you on a journey of the imagination – I always get a bit lost in some of the tracks.

Other tracks have the most biting, bitter lyrics – there are some very choice turns of phrases that leave me laughing.  Then there are the joyous tracks that make me want to dance – always a good sign in my book.

Anyway I hope that you enjoy the journey as much as I do.

Gemma (@CakeHugga)."

Okaydoke. Direct download is here (link at the top of the page), and the Mixcloud's embedded below, with a direct link underneath just in case you can't see it (Nice idea, Jim).


See you at 8PM!

No comments:

Post a Comment