Sunday 18 August 2013

The Listening Club - 18th August 2013

Howdy doody folks,

Another early typing session for me, getting this out of the way before I take advantage of a gloriously sunny Saturday with a stack of plans, including an afternoon classical concert in a disused munitions factory, a Japanese dinner, an evening of drinking and experimental electronics, finishing off with the last big night at the soon-closed Korsakoff club. Tomorrow I would like to sleep in, so better get this out of the way, yes?

Don't forget NEXT WEEK is the "covers-you-think-are-better-than-the-originals" vortex, or #cytabttovortex for short - must say I've changed my mind a dozen times today already for my pick, but gotta make a choice, as have you lot, so please mail 'em in!

Last week, @thejayarr stepped up to the plate and hit us with The Handsome Furs' "Sound Kapital" from 2011, which did the trick for many of you. Thanks to him for the ace selection, and for flipping the frisbee east to @akx. And here he is...

"Right, so. This band is pretty much very much an one hit wonder (you'll probably recognize the single when you hear it), which is one of the reasons I want to share the rest of the album with you lot.

I can't remember the exact reason why -- well, other than the tune being catchy alright -- but this is, like I mentioned on Twitter, actually the first album I spent my own money on. I must've been, what, ten or eleven?

But anyway, spending that hard-earned money was a good choice if you ask me, for the album's full of good songs. At least in my opinion.

So, er, I hope you enjoy it!"

Okaydokie, Direct download is here (tracklist for afters here), Mixcloud stream (which may well reveal the track titles, you have been warned!) is here!

Search #listeningclub to see what's going on, and follow@listeningclub for the admin.

Hope to see you tonight at 8pm BST/EST (GMT+1)!


No comments:

Post a Comment