Sunday 6 January 2013

Listening Club - 6th January 2013

Hello and Happy New Year to you all!

I trust you all managed to have an enjoyable calendar transition, and are adapting well to the descent back to normality. Feeling chipper here, for personal reasons that will soon become apparent, but I'm bolstered in no small part by the awesome explosion of tunefulness that was last week's Festive Vortex playlist!

And how! A seriously enjoyable couple of hours or what? Many, many thanks to everyone who chipped in a couple of tracks, and everyone else who showed up on the eve clutching a bottle of finest virtual sherry. Best Listening Club ever? Many of you seemed to think so, so lets's have a think and maybe do another group playlist a little sooner than next vortex? Maybe quarterly? and How to choose a theme? More discussion tonight I think...

Anyhoo, back to the business at hand, so cast your minds back to pre-Vortex times, when @akx was plucked from the crowd for his debut LC selection, which turned up so quickly in the LC inbox you'd suspect that this was "one prepared earlier". Not quite, as it turns out, so over to him for the first pre-match of 2013:


"Well. It took me less than ten seconds after reading @eastvanhalen's tweet nominating me to carry the Listening Club baton forth to realize what I wanted to share with the magnificent people of the Club. 

This album, or artwork, or however you want to call it, has been the catalyst to quite some memories for me.
I think it's a sublime, excellent piece of art, even though it might take a time or two to grow on you. Having said that, though, it did captivate me from the very first moment I heard it.

To an excellent new year,

- Aarni / @akx"

There you go. Download is here (direct Dropbox link), mirror here, or the Mixcloud stream is now up here!

Search #listeningclub to see what's going on, and follow@listeningclub for the admin!

See you at 8pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment