Sunday 21 October 2012

Listening Club - 21st October 2012

Hello to you all,

Sometimes it feels like a lifetime has passed since I last did an LC intro, sometimes the opposite - this week most definitely feels like the latter, a reflection possibly of my current Groundhog Day-esque existence trying to sort out a new home. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be in the endgame, but for now, LC provides a shining jewel in a grey situation, so big up y'all!

Last week I wasn't around, as @rebeldiamond7 tiptoed back into the spotlight to deliver Band Of Skulls' "Sweet Sour". Her initial trepidation proved unnecessary, as everyone embraced it with open arms. Big thanks to her for the selection, and to pick the soon-to-be-departing @MonkeyTypes to pause his packing and give us one more choice from this side of the pond. Over to him for the pre-match...

"There is never a bad time to be passed the Listening Club frisbee but this week was probably not the most ideal one for me to be in the hot seat. As you listen to this week's choice I will probably be running around doing last minute packing, losing my passport and suddenly remembering something vital that it's too late to do anything about. Then I'll be disappearing into the night before jetting off to Germany, where I start a new job on Monday.

I had chosen something entirely different to what you're going to hear. I was even in the process of uploading it when I suddenly had second doubts. Making another selection wasn't too difficult. This album has been lurking in the back of my mind and nearly made an appearance last time I got to choose. It harks back to my Industrial days and given my current circumstances, it felt appropriate.

It's a diverse album and at times has the feel of a soundtrack.In places it's surprisingly gentle but this is merely the foreplay leading up to the grand finale of tracks 7 and 8. So, as ever, sit back and turn it up loud.

I'm now going to stop typing and send this off before I have any further doubts. Plus I have a leaving party to attend in less than an hour."

Download is here (Direct Dropbox link) or you can listen via Mixcloud here.

Start time, as always, is 8pm BST (GMT+1). Search #listeningclub to see what's going on, and follow@listeningclub for the admin.

No comments:

Post a Comment